Denton County Genealogical Society Programs, plus other local and Texas State genealogy events
2018-2019 Programs and Events:
- 13 September 2018: Laura Douglas and Eric B Kaszynski Jr.: Local Resources for Long Distance Research
- 11 October 2018: Dr. Courtney Welch: What a Historian Wishes Every Genealogist Knew
- 19 October 2018: Statewide Genealogy Library Lock-In (10 Am to 10 PM)
- [TxSGS] The Texas State Genealogy 2018 Annual Conference is 2-4 November in San Antonio
- 8 November 2018: Patti Gillespie: Proving Long-Lost Family the Indirect Way: Finding the Ancestors of F. N. Raymond
- 13 December 2018: The holiday meeting is cancelled due to the weather forecast of severe storms.
- 10 January 2019: Eureka, Epiphany, and Serendipity : Members’ Round Table Discussion
- 14 February 2019: Emily Lockwood Bowles and Micah Crittenden: Uncovering St. Johns
- 14 March 2019: Patti Gillespie: I’ve Got—Or I’m Getting—My DNA Report: Now What Do I Do? (Beginner)
- [Library Program] 16 March 2019 at 3 PM: Patti Gillespie: I’ve Got My Ancestry DNA Report: Evaluating My Test Results for Connections (Intermediate)
- 11 April 2019: Lisa Louise Cooke: How to Save Your Research from Destruction & Ensure It’s Future Survival
- 9 May 2019: DCGS Member Super Round Table Discussion (and Annual Business Meeting)
To Contact us:
Denton County Genealogical Society
% Denton Public Library
Denton, TX 76201
This is our current web site, which replaced the old Microsoft Publisher-based site at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txdcgs as our primary web presence. The old site will remain a repository for the current and archived newsletters and other materials. All of RootsWeb was down for over a year after Ancestry took it over, to resolve security issues, but it was finally restored in the Summer of 2018.
There is also a Facebook page for the society.